- Q: Kamijo, do you like to download things?
- KAMIJO: No, download is for poor people. I'm rich, I downlord.
- AnN: You've been on tour in Europe for a while so what has happened up to now and was it okay till now or...?
- Kamijo: On tour we were able to learn a lot of things and enjoying ourselves.
- AnN: Learning? For example what?
- Kamijo: The schedule is really tight and every country is giving different stimulants and different inspiration.
- AnN: Do you prefer playing in small or big venues – and why?
- Kamijo: Why do you ask such a thing? It is the first time I was asked such a question.
- AnN: We came up with it because the venues in Japan are so much bigger than the venues in Europe.
- Kamijo: We like to be close with the fans when we perform but the concept of the band and the songs is of a very grand nature. So in that context we prefer the bigger venues.
- AnN: Even if you have a tight schedule, did you find time for a little sightseeing?
- Kamijo: I had some time for sightseeing and relaxing in Vienna.
- AnN: Did you ever get lost in a foreign city while being on tour?
- Kamijo: In Vienna. Between the Opera house and St Stefan I wandered around for two hours.
- AnN: About the new album: Why did you chose “Holy Grail” as title?
- Kamijo: The title “Holy Grail” fit the concept we had in mind. Seeing the “Holy Grail” as a spiritual Vessel. As Versailles the title is less related to the legend of the holy grail and more to the holy grail we found in our hearts. The piece (album) itself is the vessel of the holy grail and in it everybody's feelings are pouring in and our feelings as well (have been poured in). That is why we chose that name.
- AnN: What kind of legends do you know about the holy grail?
- Kamijo: We have read a lot of them, but as Versailles we have found that the Holy Grail is the body itself. The body, where the soul resides. And so as an analogy we used it as a title. In the album the music is the soul and the body / holy grail is the vessel of the soul.
- AnN: So it is very possible that you might use another metaphor like that, related to a religious background in the future?
- Kamijo: Right now there is no idea of using another word like that, but for Versailles there is no restrictions on words, so all words (existing) are our words.
- AnN: The fans discussed on AnN how it is done to keep the costumes clean?
- Kamijo: The transpiration of my body cleans the costume. “Perfect self cleaning”
- AnN: So it isn't even unpractical on stage?
- Kamijo just laughed
- AnN: Another thing the fans wondered about was how long you need to get dressed up completely?
- Kamijo: Around 5 to 7 hours.
- AnN: About Germany, when you hear the name. What do you think of?
- Kamijo: I think of the first time we were here and made something on TV about Japanese culture.
- AnN: Did you ever got German food here in Germen you were not able to eat?
- Kamijo: Not really, but I can't stand olives.
- AnN: How would you describe the band with just a few words?
- Kamijo: Rose Eternity.
- AnN: How do you experience music? The feelings or the pictures in mind you've got?
- Kamijo: How shall I say...? Instead of seeing music very emotional or instinctively I prefer a more theoretical way. I use the keys and to what they are related. For example the e minor key: If I want a very sad melody I use a f sharp. For a heartbreakingly sad sound I use a b. So I structure it very theoretically. Music is very mathematical for me and so you might think it is difficult to get emotion into it. I know how music can be analyzed and proven in a mathematical way and with this knowledge I write my music.
- AnN: Message for the fans?
- Kamijo: Humans choose the sun above the moon. But we, as Versailles, are vampires who live in darkness and believe in the moon. We make our music when the moon is shining. You understand the meaning? It is your fate to follow us.
- source: http://fb.me/ZLJt7qVP
betrayalofdarkness replied to your post: OMYGOD! T_T I think I’m about to cry.. It’s been… Glad you’re back n///n
Thanks a lot ♥
But I won’t be coming much yet, the connexion speed is quite low and I can’t really enjoy tumbling, plus, I have tests I need to prepare for but I’ll do my best to keep updating my blog and trying to know more about what happened this past month and a half.▲ | reblog
OMYGOD! T_T I think I’m about to cry.. It’s been weeks and weeks since I’ve come here, I missed tumblr, I missed every single one of my followers and people I follow, I’m sorry, My internet was down and I was unable to login. OMG! So many things happened while I was gone :O
(Source: haunt-v-c)▲1 | reblog